The City of Livermore operates under the Council-Manager form of government. The City Council provides overall policy direction and appoints a City Manager who is responsible for implementing adopted City policies. The City Manager’s Office is responsible for the operational activities of all City departments. It implements policies and procedures at all levels of City government to ensure the City Council’s community vision becomes reality.
The City Manager's Office implements the policy decisions and priorities of the City Council; communicates Livermore's vision and values as determined by the City Council and the community; and cultivates a customer service philosophy oriented around civic engagement.
The City Manager's Office coordinates the operational activities of all City departments, implements City Council goals, and ensures public access to the City's legislative efforts and elections. In addition, the City Manager's Office:
- assists in the development of ordinances, resolutions and policies;
- serves as liaison with local and regional intergovernmental groups;
- monitors and responds to state and federal legislation;
- provides public information through a variety of media;
- builds community engagement; and,
- plans official City events and annual programs.
City staff produce a weekly update to the City Council to keep them apprised of the work being done throughout the City. View this week's update.